Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Manchester Orchestra "Mean Everything to Nothing" out today!!

Ha... another excuse to talk about one of my favorite bands. If you have followed my blogs, gotten a mix cd or talked to me over the past 2 years you know that I am a fan. 

Their first full length released in 2005, Like a Virgin Losing a Child, made my heart skip.  I randomly found a gem of musical delight in a cd store... Borders, none the least. Thanks to whom ever for putting them on the listening station. I won't go into it ... yet again but if you like AWESOME music this is a must have cd.

I have been eagerly awaiting the 2nd full length and well ... TODAY is the day. I woke up this morning and purchased it online. Most, if not all the songs are on their Myspace for your listening pleasure. 

I get caught up in the high tones and strain in his voice attached to a looping of lyrics that require you to stop and think a moment. "I feel the exact way some times" I have seen these guys a few time in NC and IA. They put on a GREAT show. I will be making the drive to Athens tomorrow to see them play in their home state. I can't wait!

Here is one of my favorite songs by them -video


BIG SMILE!! until next time...

5 comments:

  1. shoot, i waited all day for this. what a let down... its like when - scratch that thought.

    you know what, i will give your chubby love a second chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm....
    this is me considering blocking you from my blog. WAIT! your like my only commenter...ok you can stay.
    ...please

    We don't have to like the same music, that is the beauty of our relationship. I DON'T care what you think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CANT WAIT TILL I GET TO HEAR 'TONY THE TIGER' AND I AM DIGGING 'I CAN FEEL A HOT ONE'

    sure you dont

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo... how was it?

    ReplyDelete