Monday, October 19, 2009

My weekend ... projects.

I found myself traveling for work Thursday and Friday in Greenville, SC so I thought since Atlanta is only a few hours away why not stop by and say hi to some friends. I met up with Adam for much needed beverage and catching up. After hanging out in Lil 5 Points for a bit my belly was saying TIME for FOOD! We went to this very cool restaurant R. Thomas. I had a wonderful cup of peppermint tea and portabella mushroom potato with cheese. Hit the spot. After a concert, Hope Sandoval to be exact. Adam scored press passes so I didn't have to shell out 25 bucks, which afterwards and the lack of .. well.. the show was just boring this fact made me more happy. On the other hand, I returned to my car in the R.Thomas parking lot to find it had been broken into. WHAT?! My ipod (now the 2nd one stolen from my car) and my work laptop....GONZO!
The Atlanta thieves are pretty high-tech ... they drilled a little hole in my car door right underneath the handle and keyhole. According to the police, that is so they don't set off the car alarm...well...sneaky sneaky. This pretty much killed my evening. We headed to meet up with peeps at another establishment but I just wasn't in the mood. I headed to Malissa's place to rest my head and was greeted by all kinds of loving from her dog. After spending some awesome cuddling time with this guy:

Chaplin is Malissa's dog. She let me crash on her couch saving me mucho dollars. He is just so friendly, made me miss Mazer.
I decided to cut my trip short and head back home Saturday. I am glad I did as it gave me some time to clean, rearrange my place and do a bit of arts/crafts. Perfect fall activities. Here is one of my accomplishments on Sunday.
A fall headband!



Close up!

I also did this one but the picture is blurred a bit. I still need to get a headband or clip to attach it to. Super CITED to wear my new funky creations.



As all in all my weekend was pretty good. Those clever thieves didn't get me down for very long. Now.. do I buy "another" ipod or just keep with cd's in the car... that is another blogging topic in of itself.

1 comment:

  1. Your work lap top! That is horrible! Looks like someone in the mail room will get fired to replace that....

    ReplyDelete