Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Why the long face?

I am back from an AWESOME trip to Iowa. Spent some much needed time establishing Aqui Estamos Records in the community, connected with old friends, met some really cool new friends and managed to rock out Friday and Saturday night. I will post pictures soon I am waiting on Caboose to get some to me as I used his new camera for the shows. It's good to be home in Raleigh though. I am growing fond of this place.

Today I ventured to Kinston, NC for an agency visit. This agency is one of my favorites (all gals) they really get me laughing. At lunch, I was the last one to the table. One of the CSR's was sitting there with a very serious expression.. So I asked "What's on your mind, everything ok". She said " I was just thinking that I need to get you a date since you aren't very good at it." HA ... Ha and HA again. This was not the reply I was expecting. Touching really that she would be so focused on that thought. She proceeds to tell me about how she met her boyfriend and that he was the first person she dated after her divorce and they have been together 3 years.

Here it is for everyone that wants to get me a date. THANKS! Really I do appreciate it. It would be nice to go on a date. A real one NOT a "let's hang out" thing BUT a "pick me up at 7, both dressed up, go to dinner, talk about things that give you the butterflies and the thought oh OH..I'm in trouble, walk arm in arm, say goodnight with a kiss that lifts your foot like in the movies" date. Is this too much to ask? Ok, I am really awkward with guys that I fancy but I am also picky. I don't want to settle, I won't settle for less than being treated like a princess. I have a lot to offer I just have to find the right person to offer it to.

This little conversation made me laugh but also think. "I believe the love I give will return to me" don't punch me in the face for quoting a JM song but I really do find comfort and truth in that verse. I have LOVE and HOPE and well .. that's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment