Monday, September 14, 2009

Be still my heart

I came across this Postal Service song a few months. I had never heard it before, it is currently on repeat. If you are a Postal Service fan or DC4C you should check out this song.

"But I could not recall
A more perfect fall
Cause when I looked up into your eyes
It didn't hurt at all.

And I thought, be still my heart
This could be a brand new start, with you.
And it will be clear
If I wake up and you're still here with me in the mornin"

I'm not sure if he is referring to a returning love, I interpret as finding a new love. My favorite line "when I look up into your eyes it didn't hurt at all" That completely clean slate with someone you've just met and fancy, it's refreshing. You have the opportunity to give your heart, if you chose. It beats harder and fast knowing there are no past wounds created by this person. "This could be a brand new start." I love these lyrics. He has a way of expressing the most complex feelings so simply.

I found this video on youtube, it's super cute


1 comment:

  1. KEWT video!!

    that's a little bit different version than i have of that song. mine is a bit more 'produced' and not as simple. there's a mechanical heartbeat sounding thing at the beginning. i LOVE that song. it's in my top 50 most played.

    ReplyDelete