Wednesday, September 9, 2009

In my lil corner of the world

August was packed with fun filled activities. I made my first trip to Gainesville, Fl and even got a pretty sweet tour of the Gators playground including locker room and workout areas. A day after my return I picked Matt up from the airport and we drove to NYC. Spent a few days taking it all in, especially the ever so carefully crafted cheese pizza. YUM! Seriously, if you have never been to NYC this is the reason you should go. It is life changing! We headed back and I gave him the grand tour of my stomping grounds including a house party and a trip to the beach for some old fashion crabbing. We had a blast. Since Matt's visit I have been chillin low key. Not much exciting going on just the normal day-to-day awesomeness that is Shannon.

I am really looking forward to /excited about/can't freakin wait for the following:

28!
This Friday I, like everyone else, have an anniversary of my existence. I will be honest and say since about 23, I haven't looked forward or been happy about turning a year older. It seemed to be a constant reminder of how much my life was NOT what it was suppose to be at that age. Heck, the week I turned 25 I wore all black to work. Yep.

With that being said, I am not at all mourning the passing of another year. I'm actually looking forward to turning 28. I was chatting with my sister today about this subject. I am going to be 28... getting closer to 30 and its awesome! The fact is: At 28, I have a lot of great things in my life. I am blessed to have great family, friends, a good job, I started a record label, I have the most adorable dog in the world, I have no drama, don't stress about money, have the freedom to travel (which I love), smile everyday, my mended heart is ready, I live in a cool town with a stand up music scene, make new friends all the time, my brother ROCKS and most importantly people read my blog! What's that popular saying? Life is Good. I think it should be life is GREAT! So this year, is the first year in a really long time that I have been reminded of my life so far and thought ...
"I wouldn't change it." And that's the most amazing feeling.




I have been trying to catch one of these shows since it started a month ago. This weekend is the last chance I have. It seems really interesting, a bit different than your everyday activity. What I understand of this production is they have large paper puppets perform to live music. I must witness this before it is over. Friday and Saturday it will be in Raleigh. I am excited about going!

Yo La Tengo

Show!!! Can't Freakin Wait! I have listened to them since I was 15 and still love em. I will be seeing them live in Durham on the 18th. It is a sit down show, which is weird but they totally rock my world so I am sure it will be fine. Since it is a sit down show, I bought two tickets when they first went on sale thinking "by then I surely will know someone who likes them also that will go with me" hmmmm I have a week to meet and then invite this person. I better go to plan B. I went to She & Him solo at a sit down concert and thought "I don't want to do that again" but if I have to -so be it. I will not miss one of my favorite bands because I don't have a concert buddy. Here is a great write up of how awesome they are... way better then I could ever express in words. And then nothing turned itself inside out
If you haven't listened to Yo La Tengo .. DO. They have a new album out that I haven't heard yet but if you want to pick up "I can hear the heart beating as one" Its on my top 5 favorite albums.

HUZZAH!

I am dusting off my bloomers, bodice, and all my wrench gear on the 19th. I am flying into KC to meet Leah for a weekend of tomfoolery. We will be attending, in costume, the KC Renaissance Festival. I haven't been for a few years and am itching to go. I love dressing up and this gives me a perfect excuse to. Yes, people think it is nerdy but I don't care. I have soooo much fun. I plan on getting a new costume this year. You will have to wait for my posting of pics to see what I decided on.

HOME

I will be Des Moines 6 whole days. I haven't had a full week back in awhile. The last few trips have been short ones. This trip will be a mix of work for Aqui Estamos Records and seeing people. But MOST EXCITING is Cashes Rivers headlines The DogTown Fest. This is his first festival that he is the main act. I have been told the set is going to rocking/amazing/make you poo your pants better bring a change of clothes. I not only get to see family, friends, go to my favorite eateries and drinkeries ... I get to rock out!

Whew...that takes me to the end of September. WOW! I can't wait!









2 comments:

  1. i remember pretending i wasn't looking

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart that song. "I remember that summers day, I remember walk up to you, I remember my face turned red, I remember staring at my feet" They actually played it at the show. Good times! Popular songs sounds amazing on vinyl. YLT is one of those bands where you need every album on vinyl.

    ReplyDelete