Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Sounds '09


It's about that time.... MIX CD time!!!
I love everything that goes into making a mix cd for people. The planning, listening, arranging, cutting, painting, creating... everything. I get way into it actually. I start about a month before the mix is ever finalized. I make a folder of mix song ideas and add/delete until it meets the needs of that mix. I usually do 2 mixes a year, summer being a perfect time for a musical treat.

Last time, I made puzzles to go with the cd. This year, a pop-up card/cd holder. If you would like your very own copy, please email me.

5 comments:

  1. In France, but will be back to the states in a week. Still obsessed with the first CD you gave me. Would love a pop up version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M your huckleberry. Sign me up for one please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lazarus!!!!! I miss you! I need you!!! Come back to me!!

    I'm so jealous, you're in France? That explains some things. You better believe you will be getting a pop-up.
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered....It's Yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mark me down.
    :)
    there is a depth and complexity in the music you choose. so, although my feedback might be limited or late in coming, i am still processing and working through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. middleson: the last couple of mixes .. yeah those were very well thought out and directly connected to a lot of me at that time... maybe more than I like to admit. I like to think, this summer mix is the lighter, fun seeking side ;) You will have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete