Saturday, June 27, 2009

Let the laughing begin

Really need I explain? I love my bike and have been enjoying riding to the store and to the Mexican restaurant near my place. My journeys have not ended with meeting people... until now. The other night I really felt like sitting outside enjoying the laughter of friends and a rita on the rocks, yes, salt please. I sent out a few text messages and set the event for 8:30. The hot sun was just going down providing a cool evening. Perfect for a table on the patio. Dos Taquitos is super cool, I love the atmosphere. There is so much stuff to look at, plus the food & beverages are tasty.

I set out for a 2.2 mile ride, not too bad right? The majority of the ride is uphill... I did realize this before deciding to bike there but figured I won't be able to make it up the hill if I don't try. I did have to walk up some of it, it was too hard. It was the hardest route I have done so far on my 3 speed cruiser. I got there about 20 mins before everyone else giving me time to cool off. I brought a book and found a shady spot to settle down. Now as hard as the ride there was the ride back was WAAAAAY fun, downhill on a cool night, AWESOME.

My friends were cute. After dinner 3 of them asked if I would like a ride back. The whole ride up the hill, I kept telling myself "on the way home this is goin to be so worth it, you can do it" So thanks for the offer but no way. They also wanted me to let them know when I got home. I think I beat some of them actually. Ben wanted to take a picture of me on my bike to send to others.. I assume for laughing purposes. That is ok I don't mind, I love my bike and am getting a lot of good out of it. And you better believe they all watched me petal off before shouting "ring your bell" I laughed, waived and rang my bell goodbye. So here you go...my first trip to meet up with friends on my bike.

1 comment: