Saturday, July 25, 2009

You are the reoccurring kind, you never really leave my mind

This Saturday morning was like many others... No alarm clock, just the joy of having a free day. I open my eyes to see the cutest little guy ever,Mazer. He melts my heart sometimes, especially when he is more tired then I am. We both stretch and welcome the day. I start running ideas of what I would like to do, Merge festival, farmers market (I need my milk,eggs and bread for the week) vintage store shopping, and the much needed cleaning. Dang it, cleaning has to be first. Aight. I am on my patio sweeping and watering my plants when I stop ... think about this painting I did almost 3 years ago when I took a summer painting class. I have always liked the flowers on that painting but couldn't do anything interesting with the plate. I put everything down right where I am standing because I have an idea. I find the painting tucked behind a few others on the floor. This is why I never throw anything away, even if I hate it. You just never know when your creative self will fully understand the piece that you started. Now, granted for me most often it has to do with ability or lack of it. It too takes time and you can always improve your technique then go back to finish what you were trying to do to begin with... I am rambling now. The point: I was able to actually finish a painting after 3 years. It will be going on my art wall or patio art as soon as it dries. I am proud of it.. It is truly a piece of me over the last 3 years and its complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment