Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Girls just wanna have fun!

My sister, Lora, came from Houston for a week. We decided to explore the East Coast while she was here. Savannah, GA was our destination as Tab, Lora and myself had never been. It was so beautiful! You walk or bike everywhere, the eats are amazing and the history of the town makes you feel warm and fuzzy. There are small parks everywhere, most everyone I talked to was smiling, the brick streets are lined with trees filled with Spanish moss, there are some really cool shops. I was able to get a few neat dresses at a vintage shop called The Clothing Warehouse. The Goodwill right next door had a nice selection that Lora and Tab were able to take advantage of. After all that shopping, across the street was a french cafe where we drank a glass of wine and had a delightful dessert. Next time, I really want to stay at a bed and breakfast, go to Paula Deans restaurant. catch a live show at Jinx (the locals recommended it) and tour the historic district more, maybe even bring my bike.

The highlight of the trip for me was eating at a Moroccan restaurant, with our hands!! The simple act of not using any silverware or chopstick is so freeing. We felt like kids waiting for the command "Stop playing with your food!" I would be lying if I told you I didn't have the urge to throw my food across the table, since it was so delicious I couldn't waste not one handful. It is one of the best meals of 2009..oh let the list begin.

So if you are thinking about a trip or are making a list of places you want to go... Savannah, GA is a hip/green/historic town that is sure to please.




No comments:

Post a Comment