Sunday, August 16, 2009

Worthy of me talking in my high pitched excited voice

First off, let me just say I've been a lazy blogger these days. I will try to be better. One thing is for sure, it's not because of lack of excitement and adventure. Matt has been visiting for the past few weeks. I have had a terrific time. He leaves tomorrow... insert pouty lip.

I wanted to share with you today one of the most amazing things that has happened to me this year. It was a normal lazy vacation day, I awoke and decided I needed to check my mail. In my little mailbox... a package. hmmm I didn't order anything? Did someone steal my personal information to make purchases? Upon entering my apartment ... I open the package. ... a book, a children's book at that. There is no note or anything with the book. Just an invoice with my name on it. I did notice a contact email address: bneumayer. FOILED! Sweet my friend sent me a book. My old dog was named Mitchell maybe that is why he sent me this book. I open the book and start reading it to my brother.

"SO Long, SO Long everything! he shouted
Then he ran next door to Margo's house.
I'm moving he said
where? asked Margo.
Two weeks away said Mitchell.
Where is that? asked Margo
It's everywhere I will be after I walk for two weeks said Mitchell.
I have lived in the same place for a long time, it is time for me to go someplace else"

Can you guess why my friend sent me this awesome kids book and as soon as I got to the second line of the story I started reading in my excited high pitched voice?? Then realizing how AWESOME of a friend I have. THANKS BUDDY!

2 comments:

  1. ...and they made me a necklace, hanging beads of sweat on a string of my regrets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. EXACTLY!!!! One of my favorite Bright Eyes albums. Fevers and Mirrors- A Spindle, A Darkness, A Fever and a Necklace. "Maybe the sun keeps coming up because its gotten used to you"

    ReplyDelete